Friday, January 28, 2011

No Pictures, But Some Knitting

I left my camera at work yesterday because I hadn't yet had a chance to download the photos from the Dessert event on Wednesday night, so I don't have any knitting photos this morning. But, I did get some knitting done last night.

After yoga, I had a bite to eat and then decided I'd be most comfortable if I slipped into bed to read and knit. I got a book weight from Levinger for Christmas --
and decided to try knitting and reading at the same time. I'm reading 'Alice I Have Been,' a historical fiction based on the relationship between the little girl, Alice, who inspired the book 'Alice in Wonderland' and Lewis Carroll which I had started the night before. I chose to work on the Saroyan scarf because 2/3 of each row is knitting I can do without looking at my work -- I just had to turn to the chart each time I got to the leaf part of the row. The book weight worked great! I read about 100 pages and finished the middle part of the scarf before going to sleep. Now I will start the decrease section which is just 6 leaves/repeats long and will be able to block it and see if the leaves pop the way I hope they will. I also hope the soaking and blocking will soften the hand of the yarn a bit. I'm going to try to finish it tonight, along with another chunk of this compelling book.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow---multi-tasking at its best! Now, if you could do all that while on the treadmill....(or elliptical machine)