Monday, January 10, 2011

I Break for Quilts

I've also been known to brake for quilt shops, but this is a break from my knitting to work on a quilt. I noted in my New Year's post that I finished a quilt top for my mother on New Year's Eve. I've also had a quilt for my sister that was even further along, but guilt about how long it has taken me to do this quilt for Mom prevented me from working on my sister's quilt. All that is left to do on hers is the binding - a hand-sewing task that is really enjoyable at this time of year because you are warmly wrapped up in the quilt while you work on it. I made enough progress that I'm nearly half-way done:
I did, also, get almost done with my son's mittens -- just half of one thumb left to do. You'd think I could have stayed up and finished just that little bit last night, but after watching two episodes of "Eureka," I had laundry to finish and just never sat down again to finish. I'll have the delight of finishing a project to look forward to after work today.

No comments: