Monday, January 17, 2011

I Had Help

On the knitting front, I frogged the sleeves for my Debbie Bliss sweater -- I don't want to knit them and all the while be questioning whether they will work, so it was easier to pull out the few inches I'd already done. The 4 missing stitches add up to a half-inch or even 5/8 inch, which is a lot when you are sizing things. They'll go quickly once I start them again.

Instead of casting back on for the sleeves, I worked on the quilt binding. I was so tired that I had to quit and go to bed last night -- less than 20" from being done! I admit, though, to having some help making that progress:

This is Pandora, our older cat. She is well-trained to sit on my lap while I'm working on projects (she doesn't grab the yarn or the needles and I can lay things on her back), but this is a first. Our other cat prefers to sit on whatever part of the quilt is hanging onto the floor, or climb in underneath where my feet are. Here she is sitting on the radiator behind me while the photo above was being taken:
It is lovely having such nice friends.

No comments: