Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just a Little Knitting

I worked late last night, giving an evening Resume Writing Workshop on campus, so didn't have much time or energy for knitting last night. I did, however, manage to cast on for the Debbie Bliss sweater sleeves and knit about 5 rows -- it now looks about like it did several days ago, but with the correct number of stitches. A 4-stitch deficit doesn't sound like it is worth getting upset about, but it was equal to a little more than a half-inch, which can make a big difference in sizing in knitting (and in piecing a quilt). I'm much happier knitting on them than I was before -- and peace of mind is an important part of knitting for me when other parts of my life are busy.

My Director asked each of us to contribute a word that describes what we think is important to us at work. He told us to think about it for a while, but the word that immediately came to mind is the one I'm going to offer: balance. Maybe it is because I'm a Libra (the scales), I don't know, but I am always seeking balance and to be on an even keel. It is easier, most of the time, now that I'm not living with teenagers -- it usually seemed like their goal was to keep me continually off-balance -- but still a work in progress. And, promoted by knitting less anxiously.

No comments: