Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Little Progress

Yesterday was back to normal for my husband and I. Don returned to teaching at the high school where they have just about 2 weeks left of the semester before mid-term exams. My college has a January term which started classes yesterday. Not all students are on campus, but enough that it is lively again. I started out the day at one of the local hospitals with 14 students who are in a Jan Plan course I created called the 'Pre-Med Academy.' Each student is going to spend 80 hours over the month shadowing a local physician, doing a project (research, writing, data-gathering) for that physician, and attending a weekly class led by the college physician and a physician/administrator from the hospital. My role has been logistics and it was very exciting to see it come together and then hand it over to the instructors for the month. Yesterday morning was orientation at the hospital and a tour, which I participated in. I'll also get to sit in on the class meetings to hear what the students are experiencing. And, I'm still involved in the logistics of a dessert reception/ experience sharing event at the end of the month. Fun!

On the knitting front, I actually made a little progress -- and more than you can see in the photo. I pulled out the hat I had knitted, re-wound the skeins on the ball winder, and cast on for the next version:
This is going to fit much better! I should be able to get the hat done before Zeben goes back to PA on Saturday, then will start the mittens. Love this yarn, though it will be interesting to see how well it wears.

No comments: