Sunday, January 30, 2011

Good Progress

Friday night was an alone with my cats evening as DH had basketball games at the high school. I concentrated on finishing up the thumbs on the Fiddlehead mitten. Then I stayed up late reading "Alice I Have Been."

Saturday was an errand-running day which we began with a nice breakfast with my parents. I think eating breakfast out is my favorite meal to eat in a restaurant. From there we went to LL Bean in Freeport, and managed to find 6 shirts for DH on sale and one for me. On the way home we did a few other errands but got home in time for me to pay a visit to my LYS for more mitten yarn and start a new pair last night. Then I stayed up late reading "Alice I Have Been."

Then, I got up early this morning to finish reading "Alice I Have Been." Thank goodness I finished it, so I can get more sleep this week!

The insides of my Fiddlehead Mittens, before hiding the ends.

The Saroyan Scarf soaking before being blocked.

The scarf and mittens on my blocking board -- the scarf was a bit longer than my blocking board which is why the board is on the floor instead of on the twin bed. It didn't need to be pinned, so it was easy to block.

The results! The leaves look great.

And the mitten looks great. Now to knit the liner.

I'll have TV knitting to report tomorrow after our Sunday evening TV time :)

No comments: