Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Car Woes

Car challenges continue. It turned out that we needed a new starter in the car that had died, but the service dept. at the dealer has been so busy with cold-related complaints that they didn't complete the work by the end of the day yesterday. Luckily, they loaned us a car (with heated seats!) so we were able to take the van to the other dealer for service we had scheduled last week. So, I haven't written any checks yet, but it ain't goin' to be cheap! However, I place a huge value on reliable transportation and we don't have any car payments, so I guess it will be OK.

My batteries died in my camera, and I don't have time to go looking for some this morning (I suppose I could be doing that instead of writing this, but then I wouldn't have a reason to use the camera... hmm... there's a philosophical question in there, I'll bet). I did get almost all the way through the green stripe last night, so made a bit of progress on the mittens.

Tonight is a big event night -- the reception to finish out the Pre-Med Academy Jan Plan. I don't know if I'll get any time to knit tonight, though I may need a bit of yarn time to help settle down after what I'm sure will be an energized evening!

No comments: