Friday, February 18, 2011

TGIF

I don't know why, but this has felt like a very long couple of weeks. I'm very glad to have the weekend arrive later today. I have found Fridays to be more manageable since starting to take a Thursday evening yoga class. A classmate and I always remind each other that being at class means the weekend is very near.

Yesterday's highlight was a lunch presentation by a professor about her African American heritage and love of music and people. She talked about her childhood, her religious upbringing, and the influence on popular music of spirituals and hymns. She's wonderful to listen to, and I got to knit some more on my mitten lining, getting half-way up into the thumb gusset before I ran out of yarn at the end of the skein. The nice thing was the way the yarn ended at just the right place with enough left to weave in -- it doesn't often happen that way.

Next week is February school vacation, so DH has the week off. I wish I did too! But, I will have two days off, and am planning to take all of April vacation off with him. So, it is just a weekend for me -- and I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: