Thursday, February 10, 2011

Movie Night

Both DH and I had no outside commitments last night, so we went to the movies! This is a bit of a big deal because we rarely go out to the movie theatre, even though we have a wonderful alternative theatre here that I would love to go to more often. In fact, about 6 or 7 (or more) years ago, I gave DH a 10-movie pass for Christmas. I've asked about using it a couple of times but he had lost it (obviously, it would have been a better gift for me than for him). It reappeared this year when he was cleaning out a box from the basement and still had 8 movies left on it (we're talking a low-tech punch card here)! We've both been wanting to see "The King's Speech" and knew it would be leaving the theatre soon, so we had a movie date night and went to the 7:15 showing. It was fun and the movie was wonderful. Luckily I had a tissue in my pocket for DH -- one of the reasons I married him is that he cries at movies.

Before heading to the theatre, I was able to finish the main part of the lining for my colorful mittens (I still need to do the thumb). This version of the lining fits much better, though it could still be a bit smaller, so on my sister's mittens I've gone from using 2.75 mm dps to 2.5. The small crease in the lining on my mittens is something I can live with, but hopefully on this next pair, I can get it to fit.

No comments: