Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back in Long Underwear - But Not For Long!

The temps have dipped down into the teens again and the wind was blowing wildly last night. By the weekend it should be more like 40° with a chance of rain, instead of snow. But, it will be a while before I stop wearing knitted garments, so I knit on!

While waiting at the chiropractor yesterday morning, I started the lining on my second colorful mitten. At home in the evening, I worked on the gray sweater that I've had done for a while -- all it needed was to be sewn together. I used a 3-needle bind-off over the weekend on the shoulder seams. Last night I picked up and knit the band and button band on the lower front. I also pinned the collar in place and need to sew that on next. The collar is probably the most challenging piece to sew on -- after that it is setting in the sleeve and zipping up the side and sleeve seams.

The green and orange markers were to note where the buttonholes should be. Interestingly the buttonholes were formed on the "pick up and knit" row -- right on the "seam" between the sweater and the button band.

And, it was Valentine's Day. My favorite moment of the day was walking out of my building to go to lead a workshop in the classroom building next door. Students had made big red hearts, mounted them on sticks and placed them all over the quad in the snow. They were all different sizes and looked beautiful on the snow. DH waffled on Valentine's Day, but recovered beautifully at the last minute:

Tonight is a particularly late night at work -- hosting a graduate program information session, followed by a workshop, followed by a Pre-Health Society club meeting. So, no knitting for me, I'm afraid.

No comments: