Thursday, February 24, 2011

Smitten by Mittens

I have continued to have what appears to be a new obsession with mittens (I've actually been thinking about knitting mittens since last summer, but needed the collision of the Fiddlehead Mittens pattern and the color array of Nature Spun to get me moving). The gray and blue Fiddleheads have been received by my sister and now I can show you the surprise I included inside:

I showed you my periwinkle Faux Felted Mittens from the Portsmouth, NH Yarn Basket. I knit the first pair in a day and love wearing them, so thought I'd whip a pair up for my other sister as a surprise. I was so excited about sending them to her that I forgot to take a picture, but this is what was left of the LaGran Mohair and Wisdom Poems yarn I used:

The rewound blue ball doesn't do it justice -- it had a lovely combination of blue, green a bit darker than the mohair, and a purple/magenta colors.

I've also cast on for Lilac Mittens (free Ravelry pattern), but there isn't enough to show you yet. They are purple and white, so will be perfect to wear to high school events. That makes 5 pairs of mittens so far in the last month or so, and I still want to make SpillyJane's Camilla mittens and a number of others that I've collected. I love mittens!

No comments: