Friday, February 25, 2011

Snowing One More Time?

Yep - somewhere between 7-15 inches predicted for our area. I guess the predicting gets harder at this time of year, so who knows how much we'll end up with. The cars are parked in "storm formation" and, believe it or not, DH is looking forward to one more day in the driveway!

I have the day off today -- taking a 4-day weekend mini-vacation at the end of DH's week of school vacation. Yesterday included dentist appointments and a visit with my parents. The visit included lunch and a meeting with a realtor and one of my brothers to start to look into selling my parents' home. It makes my mother very sad. Probably not just the thought of leaving her home, but it must represent all that makes her unhappy -- getting too old to live independently. They won't be moving into assisted living yet, but hope to live close to two of my siblings (currently they live about half-way between them and me), which puts them closer to another sister. It also puts them further away from Mom's sisters. All in all, a tricky piece of work in progress.

I finished all but the thumb of the lining of my Fiddlehead Mittens yesterday, but had engaged the purple skein of yarn in starting the lilac mittens yesterday for car knitting. I got a few inches along, but reversed the colors for the wrist by mistake and don't like it. I also think I should do the wrist in a smaller needle to make them fit better, so I'll be frogging it today. The good news is, I'll be able to finish the thumb before I start the lilac mittens over again, which makes for 4 complete pairs of mittens in one month. I've also gotten started on the wedding shawl, though it doesn't look like much yet. Lace always looks lumpy and bumpy until you finish it and block it:

And, here's a smile photo for you. I contributed 16 of these as stocking stuffers at our Christmas dinner. Ours drooped a bit a few days ago and I couldn't resist braiding the "hair" on it :)

Tomorrow -- Knitting Boondoggle!

1 comment:

margmor said...

Oh that was you who supplied those fun grass-growing heads? We have a santa that sprouted like crazy- the other day I cut down the grass to an inch or so and when Scott got home I told him I'd mowed the lawn.
Also, the bulb you gave us a few years back is in the window and a nice green shoot is growing... so exciting and springy, despite the snow that's now falling out there!!!