Monday, October 22, 2012

Meditation

I'm not fond of being surrounded by "drama" - either at home or at work.  I've worked and lived with people during my life who simply can't function if they don't have everyone around them dancing to their tune.  I tend to seek equilibrium, balance, and calm assurance whenever possible.  I think most knitters are like that - and probably partly due to the meditative nature of our art.  I would love to cultivate the habit of real meditation, and intend to do so at some point, but for now, the meditation of putting one stitch after another on the needles, counting under my breath when needed, and observing a lovely pattern emerging will be my calming activity.

ON MY NEEDLES
I'm still working slowly on my Rising Fog shawl, which doesn't seem to hurt my wrist if I don't work too long, and on my Miss BB sweater -- 1 1/2 sleeves are done.  I should have time to work on those during meetings at the state Episcopal Convention this weekend.  Other than that, all is on hold as I baby my wrist.

No comments: