Saturday, October 13, 2012

Starting

Thinking about finishing things yesterday, I have to admit that one of my problems is that I love to start new things.  In honor of that tendency, I started a new sweater yesterday.  I've been wanting to do a good 'ol wool sweater for a while, but hadn't found just the right pattern to go with yarn I already have or the right yarn to go with patterns I already had.  Until two nights ago when I was catching up on the Yarn Harlot's Blog.  She has an annual habit of starting a new sweater to wear to Rhinebeck (a sheep and wool festival in upperstate NY that I am so going to attend the first fall I'm retired) less than two weeks before the event.  I'm not going to be able to knit mine as quickly as she will knit hers, but I both loved the pattern and was intrigued by her strategy of knitting the sleeves first.  I'm part way into my first sleeve and really liking the idea of knitting this sweater "backwards" (usually you start with the back, then the fronts, and then the sleeves - at least, that is how all patterns are written).

ON MY NEEDLES
Miss BB is going well in Cascade 220 Heathers in a purple-ish mix color.  I picked up this yarn on my 50th birthday boondoggle trip to Webs' tent sale.  That would be 5 years ago, so it is time to find a good use for it and this is it!

No comments: