Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cold Weather

There is something about cold weather that makes me want to do two things -- knit and sleep.  I can tell that we're in the midst of a change of seasons because I can't seem to get enough sleep.  I should be staying up to watch the Presidential debate that will start momentarily, but after I jot these thoughts down, I'll be off to bed.  I'll catch the news tomorrow and see how it went.  Mostly, I'm having difficulty getting up in the morning.  Probably it is the gray, cold weather we've been having that makes me want to stay right in bed.

I also find myself wanting to knit all the time.  Even while knitting on one project or another, my mind is wandering off to other projects I would like to start.  Most, of course, are things I "should" make - usually holiday gifts or that pair of mittens I promised my husband last spring.  I could have dozens of projects on my needles if I didn't keep a tight hold on myself.

Speaking of which, there's that slouch hat pattern and yarn I got to go with my son's dreadlocks.  I think I'll go find that, brush my teeth, and climb into bed.

No comments: