Saturday, October 20, 2012

Falling Behind - A Bit of a Rant

Well, I've already missed 3 days of the 40 days of writing.  Oh well.  Where have I been?  Mostly at work, I'm afraid.  There is no excuse for missing Wednesday, but on Thursday I didn't get home from work until 11 pm - way past my bedtime.  And last night was full of celebration -- dinner, guest speaker, music, and a "ball" at Colby College, marking the official opening of our bicentennial year.  It was lovely, and fun, but again a late night.  And, now, all of a sudden, it is the weekend!

The weekend always brings a unique tension to my life.  My husband has already commented that I need to clean the house - to which I retorted something that I'm thinking you can guess.  But, the fact is that I wish I had more time to do just that - have a highly clean home.  I'm always falling behind on the housework - not because I hate housework.  I just don't get much time to do it.  So, things pile up on the counter in the kitchen, on the table in the dining room (not just my stuff -- right in front of me is a piece of mail addressed to Don that has been laying on the table for a week now), at the bottom of the stairs (to be taken upstairs), and in other odd places.  Sigh.

I'm behind on e-mail at work because I spent the only "free" time I had this week catching up on several weeks of counseling notes.  I haven't really started to think about Christmas, in a vain attempt not to find myself scrambling at the last minute.  Oh, and I really need to spend some time paying bills this weekend - almost forgot!

Of course, I'm not spending enough time knitting to suit myself.  And, I'm going to fall even further behind with that as it seems I have tendonitis in my right (dominant) thumb.  I had a meeting about a Jan Plan program we co-direct with the college physician yesterday and he's pretty sure it is tendonitis and that I should give it complete rest for at least two weeks.  Right.  Not happening.  But, I guess I could try to put aside my knitting for two weeks. Maybe.

I think I'll do some quilting today.

No comments: