Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ooh, Lovely!

I was feeling a bit like I overspent on that BFL, but when I started knitting a swatch yesterday on my lunch hour I fell in love. It is going to make a gorgeous sweater! I'm not sure I can really describe it, but it just feels lovely in my hands and going onto the needles. The swatch isn't really big enough to measure yet, but I tried anyway and it looks like I'm going to be right on gauge for Sprössling, so I think I'll probably use it for that sweater. I'm dying for an Ann Hanson sweater -- I love the shawls, neckwarmers, and wristwarmers that I've made from her patterns and have been thinking about this sweater for some time, so I'm going to go for it.

When I spend a little more than I'm comfortable with (trust me, I spent less than I had budgeted to spend at the vendor area), I always remember when I spent every cent I had (at the time it was probably about $15) on Barbie outfits and my mother chided me (putting it nicely). Do we ever get over some of those experiences? Now it is my mother who acts like a child and me who tries hard not to chide.

In addition to swatching the BFL, I got a few more rows of the wedding shawl knit last night. I don't have far to go before I'll finish the center square and be able to show what it is looking like. The yarn I'm using, Webs' Colrain Lace, has a lovely sheen to it.

Please pray for my next-door neighbor, John, who was hospitalized with flu yesterday. He's 89 and fragile. My aunt has also been hospitalized with flu this past week, but is much better. John is a fighter -- he had a kidney transplant in his 70's, a heart attack two years ago, and fell down a staircase two years ago. He always fights back. We've been close neighbors for 21 years, sharing a driveway, and he and his wife are like family for us.
And these are my lovely ladies. Pandora, the grey and white, older cat, loves to nuzzle my hair whenever she gets a chance -- isn't that strange? Her best opportunity comes when we watch television and she can sit on the back of the couch where I sit.

No comments: