Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gone in a Flash

January has always been one of my favorite months, harking back to Jan Plan term in college. It always meant a slower pace, going to bed earlier than usual -- kind of a hibernation, if you will. This January, however, screamed by so fast I feel like I missed it altogether! It went by so fast, in fact, that this is still in our dining room:

We managed to get the tree down in time for it to be picked up curbside and put the ornaments away, but everything else got collected and stacked on this table and is still there. I may, if I'm lucky, get it all put away during school vacation in a couple of weeks.

So, if anyone else tells me I have plenty of time now that the boys are gone, I'm going to have to clue them in! I guess I just have the talent of being able to fill any amount of time or space I'm given :)

Speaking of filling space, I've moved all of my knitting and spinning stuff into Zeben's room. It isn't organized yet, but it is there. I did manage to clean up the desk and get the bills paid and the tax stuff organized. Now I just need a day to do the taxes and fill out the FAFSAs (after this, I only have to do FAFSAs one more time!!! - speaking of time flying by!) so that I'll be able to tackle the yarn/fiber without guilt.

OFF MY NEEDLES
We finished the sweater! Zeben started it over break. He knitted the sleeves and body up to the yoke and then I took over. I finished it last week and blocked it on Saturday.


Didn't we do a nice job? Now, of course, Nate wants one. But he wants his in black, red, green, and yellow. Hmmmmmm. Maybe for next winter -- I think I'll start on his quilt first.

And, tonight I finished the sleeves for the slouchy cardi. The next step is to block the pieces and then sew it together. I've never blocked before sewing on a sweater before -- apparently it is something I SHOULD have been doing. Who knew? Once sewn together, I'm going to pick up and knit the stitches for the hood instead of knitting it separately and sewing it on. That way I can manipulate the size somewhat -- some of the photos on Ravelry have shown the hood to look too big for my tastes.

My only other project at the moment is a Cité neckwarmer for myself in Malabrigo Sock. The color is a delicious red-purple with hints of blue throughout.

No comments: