Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Time Off

Ahh. It is Friday at last! Actually, it is Wednesday (and Ash Wednesday at that) but since I have the next two days off, it feels like Friday. I've had a very busy, productive, and successful 6 weeks or so at work and am reveling in having a long weekend. My sister is coming tomorrow to go view an art exhibit at a local college and I'm going to make soup and rolls for lunch tomorrow morning. On Friday Don and I have dentist appointments -- which will be interesting for me as a piece of a tooth just fell off on Monday and Tuesday. (Luckily it isn't hurting but it certainly feels like a harbinger of old age.) After the dentist we'll take a leisurely route to my sister's house (we'll be looking for Asian markets in Portland and running a couple of errands) where we'll spend the night. On Saturday we'll all be going down to UNH to take our son to lunch, possibly along with his roommate and his parents. One highlight of that trip will be driving by the house where Nate is making arrangements to live next year off campus. Then we'll likely head home as, by then, Lydia will have eaten all of the food we will have left out for both her AND Pandora and they'll both be hungry!

And, I just realized that the true beginning of summer is just one month off -- when our neighborhood ice cream shop will open for the season, usually on or around St. Patrick's Day! Can life be any better? Full of lovely things to anticipate and experience!

ON MY NEEDLES
After getting pretty far along on the hood, I realized that I was going about it all wrong -- it can't be knitted on because the knitting was going in the wrong direction if I did that. The cast on edge is the front edge of the hood, not the bottom (connected to the sweater) edge. I'm going to be very close on yarn, so I'll just have to make the hood a bit smaller. No problem. This is a "doing errands on Saturday morning" kind of sweater anyway. Done soon -- maybe this weekend!

No comments: