Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mission Accomplished

Ahhh. I just hit the "submit" button on the boys' FAFSAs! Taxes and financial aid applications done for yet one more year. As far as financial aid goes, 3 down, 1 to go! One more benefit (and likely the last time it will make a whit of difference) of having twins -- they'll both be (God willing!) done with college in 2012 and I'll be done doing their taxes and FAFSAs a year from now.

I don't actually mind doing our taxes each year. It is a reasonable mental exercise. But, doing it for multiple people in multiple states nearly drove me over the edge this year. Then, I spent a week putting off doing the FAFSAs, though when I finally, grumpily settled down to do them this afternoon, it took less than an hour to do them for both boys. Not bad.

Now, all that is left is to get all the right forms to all the right people for signatures and make sure they get them sent off in the envelopes provided. Nate's will be easy because we visited him at college yesterday and I got him to sign his forms. Last year Zeben didn't quite follow my instructions, so I'll have to be more stern this year about getting copies of all the signed forms to his financial aid office.

So nice to have this done! I think I'll go for a walk!

ON MY NEEDLES
I've actually been finishing up a couple of projects and really haven't had anything much in progress. I think as a reward for all the paper I've been pushing, I'm going to cast on for two new projects: Nora's sweater in Ultra Alpaca and these funky socks from the latest Knitty. I've got some space-dyed sparkly yarn that would be fun for these socks and they look like an interesting challenge.

No comments: