Thursday, April 14, 2011

Still Knitting, Just Not Blogging Much

Well, I started off the new year blogging regularly as intended, but this last month has really slowed me down. I'm taking time off next week, so hope that will get me back on track in oh-so-many ways. First, there are piles of stuff throughout my house -- the dining table, the sideboards, my desk, my bedroom, my sewing room, next to my knitting chair -- that just need a little time to go through and eliminate (or, more likely, redistribute). Second, the snow is almost all gone (I can see some under the bushes in front of my neighbor's house across the street) and we never really cleaned out all of the gardens last fall, so that is waiting for attention. Plus, we plan to have a small vegetable garden this year and need to get that set up. Third, I have a long list of other things that would be nice to do, such as read a book. How much of that list do you think I can accomplish?

And that doesn't even touch the knitting!

I've been knitting away a little bit each night on the Tibetan Clouds Stole that I call the Wedding Stole for my sister-in-law-to-be for the wedding in September. I'm just 4 1/2 repeats away from being very close to finishing. I'm afraid I'm going to run out of beads, so may have to make a trip to Augusta for another vial of beads. I also got some of the front of the baby sweater done while waiting for a movie to begin on Monday. We had a chance to see a free showing of the movie "Sweetgrass" which is about sheepherding in the Gallatin Forest near Big Timber, MT. Don and I both lived in Montana and enjoyed spending a couple of hours in the wilderness of a state we both loved living in (but, to be honest, I love Maine more).

So, two more days 'til vacation -- can't wait. Two years ago we traveled for the week, but last year we stayed home and worked a lot on cleaning out our basement. It was so satisfying to feel like one small part of my life was organized that I'm really looking forward to just having a week at home again this year.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you prefer Maine!