Saturday, April 30, 2011

One sleeve

I've been concentrating on the baby sweater the past couple of days and finished a sleeve this morning. I was up early to go and watch the closing activities of the Relay for Life on campus, but they finished up early and everyone was gone by the time I got there at 6 a.m. I walked a few laps last night but have to admit I'm a fair weather friend and when it started to rain and get dark, DH and I headed home. I'm very proud of the students who participated - it was fun to see them joyfully giving their time and energy to a good cause.

So, I came home and got an hours worth of knitting in before the girls and I started breakfast. I had started the sleeve two nights ago and then knit on it last night while watching Monarch of the Glen, so it wasn't hard to finish the sleeve this morning. One more sleeve to go!


This weekend's goals are to block the Debbie Bliss sleeves, take the quilt for my Mom to the machine quilter (finally), get my hair trimmed, pay the bills, and, with Don, get the garden boxes ready for planting. The sun is shining -- feels like I can get it all done and more!

Bonus picture -- I get a chuckle when the girls mimic each other in body position -- this is a bit dark, but you can see how they were situated the other day when I left for work. This is what "parallel play" looks like at our house these days:

No comments: