Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rainy Day at Home

I had it in my head that I had 2 1/2 repeats left on the main part of the wedding stole, but it turned out that I had 3 1/2 left. That is only 20 more rows, but it felt like a setback. But, I knit my way through it yesterday and now have just 1 repeat left, plus then about 17 rows of the edging. The end is in sight! I wanted to get it done as soon as possible in case I run out of beads and need to get back to Augusta to pick up more, but it is looking like I'm going to have just enough.

Besides the wedding stole, I got the toes of the Monkey Socks grafted. And, I prepared for a project I'm going to tackle today -- adding an inch to the sweater I made for my son for Christmas. I've got to return it to him on Sunday, so need to get it done. I did this once, many, many, many years ago when I was living in Scotland. I cut the sweater a few inches up, picked up the stitches on two needles, knit on one of the pieces, and then grafted the two pieces back together. I prepared by finding the pattern and figuring out what size needle I need, and found the leftover yarn. This rainy day is going to be a good one to sit and work on this project (and finish the wedding stole!).

Along with that, we ran a few shopping errands. Nate complained about all of his clothes falling apart and having had to go to a secondhand store to buy a pair of jeans, which has caused his father to want to buy him some new clothes. We checked out Marden's, the go-to-for-deals store in Maine and found a pair of jeans and a couple of shirts. Then we did a bit of grocery shopping -- the refrigerator was rather empty after being away for the weekend.

Today is rainy and gray, but I'm less tired than I was yesterday and looking forward to a nice day at home with the girls.

No comments: