Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!

I have two goals this year.  First, I've declared it the year of finishing unfinished projects.  Second, I've got to make some steps backward in my health.

As far as projects, the first is to finish the house projects.  I'll post my year-end summary the next time I log on, but suffice it to say that there are a number of things left to do after a major renovation project over the summer and fall.  One result of the renovations is my own, real work studio.  I have a room of my own!  But as I slowly move my knitting and sewing stuff into that room, I'm finding all kinds of unfinished projects.  Finishing them would free up a lot of storage space.
Four of these cubes are filled with unfinished knitting projects.  The rest with unstarted projects, but that is a whole different story.  First up to finish?  Two vests for my boys, two sweaters for me, mittens for Don, and a label to be added to Nate's quilt.

Going backwards on health sounds like it isn't a positive thing, but I'm looking at is as going back to a level of fitness I've had in the past.  I'm starting a "Preventing Diabetes" class through the hospital on Tuesday and dragging Don along with me.  Hopefully that will help me lose some weight.  And, we're going to try to get outdoors doing something active (starting today with snowshoeing) at least two weekends a month this year.  My athletic goal is to run a 5K by the end of the summer.

Last, but not least, I'm going to try to get back to blogging.  There was an NPR story recently about the value of writing in keeping a positive outlook (my take on the story).

ON MY NEEDLES
Hibernate, knitting with Brown Sheep Bulky.  Pretty much an instant gratification sweater if there is one.  I started on Christmas Day and have finished the body.  I've got to go pick up some needles to do the sleeves (still can't find all my needles from the summer chaos).

Two vests for my boys, using Cascade Superwash which I'm loving -- it is a lovely, springy yarn.

Those are the only three active projects at the moment.

No comments: