Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cleaning Out

I spent the weekend helping to clean out my parents' house. I have to say that we had a great team to do the work and enough of us to take turns dealing with the emotions of my mother who is having a very difficult time letting go of anything. We got a lot of work done in two long days, but probably the most exhausting part is the emotions.

I did, however, realize that I'm capable of the hard physical work. Although I was sticky, stinky, and dirty, I felt physically strong. It was a good feeling. And, I'm hoping to put some of that strength and energy toward cleaning out some stuff in my own house -- there are some drawers, closets, and boxes in the basement that could use some of the same cleaning out process we've been doing for my parents. Since this is the new year holiday for our education family, I think that will be my new year's resolution.


No comments: