Thursday, July 24, 2008

My sister filled this out on her blog and I enjoyed reading it. You can do it too!

A Simple Woman's Daybook Entry
FOR TODAY July 24, 2008...

Outside My Window...
it is clouding over and threatening to rain (again). It has been a day of alternating showers, downpours, and sunshine. Lots of variety in today's weather. Best of all, it isn't too hot and there promises to be nice weather for the weekend.

I am thinking...about the workshop I just signed up for at the last minute at this weekend's state quilt show. I usually take a full slate of classes but didn't sign up for any this year. Just today I noticed that an interesting one had space left in it and a quick e-mail got me into it. Now I need to scurry to get all the materials together.

I am thankful for...Financial Aid! I'm about to pay our first college bills for my twin sons and am so thankful for the help they are getting with the costs.

From the kitchen...where I'll have to cook dinner tonight since it will probably be raining when I'd want to put something on the grill. I think I may run down to the farmer's market and see what I can find. Cooking for two is so much easier than for four -- as long as there are leftover for one son to have when he gets out of work at 7:30.

I am wearing...a summer dress as I just came home from work. But no stockings!

I am creating...baby sweaters at the moment. I spent my lunch hour buying buttons for two baby sweaters I'll be giving away next weekend. I have another one started for my niece's baby due in December. I've also got a lace shawl nearing completion and plans for lots of other projects.

I am going...to the Maine Quilt Show tomorrow morning!

I am reading...The Thief Lord, a children's novel that takes place in Venice -- someplace I'd love to visit. I'm also nearing the end of Eat, Pray, Love as a book on tape. The next book on tape will be an Amelia Peabody mystery -- but I may save it for the drive to western PA to drop one son off at college in a few weeks.

I am hoping...that I won't miss my sons too much when they go off to college this fall. They are ready, we are ready, but it will still be an adjustment and I've been blithely saying I'm prepared for the empty nest and hope I won't find myself crying a lot.

I am hearing...the rain -- the skies just opened up again, but it is slowing down quickly. And the rumblings of surround sound in the living room as my husband watches the end of a suspenseful movie (he's on a Denzel Washington kick this summer).

Around the house...are our two cats. We've just been encouraged by the vet to put them on a diet (especially one of them) and while they just had a bit to eat, they are pacing around hoping for more.

One of my favorite things...the patio my husband built last summer and the flower gardens we've been working on around them. I can see it from where I'm sitting, looking through the beautiful, old-fashioned screen door my father just built for us.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: the quilt show will, hopefully, inspire me to clean out my craft room so that I can actually use it. During the school year, I call it the "dump room," as everything that isn't where it is supposed to be ends up in there, somehow. Then, every summer, I clean it out and try to get organized. I'm thinking I'll have the boys' rooms to put the overflow in this year, so maybe I'll be able to use my room as intended this year. Sunday is my quilt workshop, and next Wednesday I'm taking a daylong class in Excel. Everyone seems to know how to use Excel except me at work, so I'm doing some catching up.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Doesn't she look content and comfy?

No comments: