Thursday, November 10, 2011

Even More Babies!

I wrote in June of two colleagues who were welcoming babies into their lives for whom I knit sweaters. Since then, there has been an explosion of people in my life having babies!

A third colleague in the same office as the first two is having her first child this winter. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are having their first, his third, a boy, in December. The woman who was the secretary in my office for many years is going to be a grandmother any day now (a girl). My niece in South Carolina has announced she is pregnant with her second child. And, one of my cousins had a baby a few months ago (a boy) and I'm going to be seeing her next weekend. Anyone else out there I don't know about (hopefully not!)?

Luckily, I have a baby sweater stash. I think I'll be making most of my gift selections from this group of sweaters (though a few of them still need buttons):

I've also got a red and white Baby Surprise Jacket off the needles, but not sewn together, that will be perfect for a December baby.

And, believe it or not, there are at least three other baby sweaters still in my stash :) They are like knitting candy. But, the real knitting candy obsession is about to start:
I tried to rotate this picture for you with little luck - sorry. This is this Christmas' first miniature sweater. They take a few hours each, are lots of fun to knit, and make great little gifts to friends. Last year, my basket group practically rioted over them when I laid them out and let them each choose one!

I'm going back to work today after my two days off due to a cold. This is the first morning I've felt near normal all week. As always, when at home I expect myself to "get things done," but I spent most of the past two days snoozing, interspersed with knitting, podcasts, and reading. Time to get back to normal routines!

No comments: