Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stay-cation

It has been a lovely week so far. We've had a range of weather from snow to 70 degrees and sun (currently 65 and sunny). I've been fairly productive in the basement, even though I probably won't get through the whole place as thoroughly as I need to. It is much cleaner and we've definitely cleared out a lot of stuff. And, rediscovered some treasures I'd forgotten about.

Today I've been rather unorganized and not very productive. But, Don is having a very productive day (maybe we're taking turns -- ala our boys who, as twins, always seemed to take turns with bad days, developmental changes, etc. and still seem to do that at times). He's done a dandelion patrol, mowed the lawn, and is now cleaning out our grill! I'm just puttering and making only small forays into piles of stuff.

Ah, vacation! Maybe I'll read a book.

ON MY NEEDLES
I'm caught up on the Evenstar Shawl, now just waiting for Clue 6 to be released tomorrow afternoon. I even found beads for it at Beads on the Kennebec in Augusta. Can't wait to see how it all comes together!

The top-down cardigan is down to the last few rows on the body and then I have to do the sleeves. After that there are a couple of rows to knit around the collar and front edges and then it will be done. It won't be a lovely thing, but it will be warm and comfy for weekends.

I've pulled out an old project that will be an easy one to tote along when I need something that I don't have to think too hard about. It is a scarf of boucle and mohair I picked up as a souvenir last spring when attending a conference in Philadelphia. The colors are lovely, based on a periwinkle and pale, pale pink with a little white and darker blue in the boucle. I'll photo it when there is more to show.

Socks -- just haven't had the time or energy to think about them. But, I did just find in a box in the basement the very first three pairs of socks I ever made, while living in Scotland, many years ago! Two pair are felted and too small to get on my feet anymore, while one has never been worn. Sock yarn is definitely more interesting nowadays -- and nice to have washable wool so they don't shrink so easily.

No comments: